Essex County Fire & Rescue Service

Transparency Overview

Select Category

Search Site

FOI 4539 / January 2023 / Essex Fire Authority Committee Papers

Thank you for your request for information, which was received by Essex County Fire & Rescue Service on the 24th January 2023.

Please see below the answer to your request.

Questions and final response:

Question 1 – "I would like access to electronic (pdf) versions of the agenda, reports and minutes for any meeting of the Essex Fire Authority or any of its committees (e.g. the Policy & Strategy Committee) held after 11 Nov 2009 and before 1 Jan 2011, at which the disposal of Hadleigh Fire Station was on the agenda.

There is a dead link to EFA meeting documents from the relevant period on the EFCC website - see - but I have been advised by Communications Officer for ECFRS, that historic EFA documents are not held on the EFCC website.

To save your time, if I was sent or given access to the agendas, reports and minutes for the meetings in the date range mentioned above, I would be quite happy to look through them myself for any information of interest. I would already have done this if the documents were still available online. "

I can confirm that Essex County Fire & Rescue Service does not hold the information that you have requested.

Essex Fire Authority ceased in October 2017. The responsibility for the ECFRS is now under the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex (OPFCC).

The documents that you have requested are not held by ECFRS.

The retention period that is required to allow the inspection of decision papers and reports by members of the public is seven years from the date of the decision paper/meeting or report. For the time period, 2009 – 2011 in your request, this retention period has now elapsed.

I would direct your request the Democratic Services Team at Essex County Council to ascertain whether they have the papers. Failing this you may also find the local Council that covers Hadleigh may have them in their archives. Perhaps also contacting the local councillor that represents your area, may be able to advise you further.

 Incident and other data is published on our transparency site. For further information please follow this link. Incident Data (